Bella Italia! Italy is one of my favorite countries, a dream destination I could return to time and time again. Italy has Europe’s richest and most ancient culture. After all, Italy is the cradle of European civilization — founded by the Roman Empire and embellished by the Roman Catholic Church.
As you explore Italy, you’ll confront some of the world’s most iconic monuments — Roman ruins, UNESCO sites, Renaissance masterpieces, and elegant medieval towns. But you’ll also find jaw dropping landscapes and magical seaside hamlets.
Endlessly inspiring and ethereal, Rome is the magical mecca of carbs and ancient architecture. It’s a grand showcase of Western civilization, full of Imperial pomp and circumstance. Rome has spent centuries accumulating layers of beauty, history, and romance — just waiting for its admirers to arrive.
I’ve spilled a lot of ink over bella Rome. Here are some of my popular Rome itineraries and travel guides:
- 8 ways to spend 1 day in Rome
- 3 day itinerary for Rome
- 5 day itinerary for Rome
- Hidden gems in Rome
- Best museums in Rome
- Archaeological sites in Rome
- Guide to the Borghese Gallery
- Rome’s secret palace museums
- Guide to the Capitoline Museums
- Guide to free art in Rome
- Guide to Palatine Hill
- Guide to the Roman Forum
- Guide to the Colosseum
- Walking tour of central Rome
Florence is an overwhelmingly beautiful city, the “Cradle of the Renaissance.” With the best Medieval and Renaissance art in Europe, Florence is a veritable art lovers paradise.
Florence is a city that’s alive, sensual, and romantic. You can be seduced by Botticelli and awed by Michelangelo, in a time tunnel experience. Not surprisingly, Florence’s entire city center is a designated UNESCO site. You can visit frescoed churches, majestic cathedrals, elegant palaces and piazzas, and world class museums.
Here are some of my travel guides for Florence:
- 1 day itinerary for Florence
- 2 day itinerary for Florence
- 3 day itinerary for Florence
- Best museums in Florence
- Hidden gems in Florence
- Must see sites in Florence
- Florence art bucket list
- Best day trips from Florence
- Guide to the Medici Palaces
- Guide to the Uffizi Gallery
- How To Visit the Duomo
- Guide to Santa Croce Cathedral Complex
- Guide to San Lorenzo and the Medici Chapel
- Guide to the Palazzo Vecchio
- Guide to the Pitti Palace
The floating city of Venice is truly unique. It’s one of the world’s most beautiful and captivating cities, a natural movie set. No other place looks quite like it. Venice is a city built on water that shouldn’t exist in real life.
Here are some of my guides to Venice:
Milan is an amazing destination in northern Italy. It’s a vibrant and exciting modern city, the thriving finance and fashion capitol of Italy. Milan has personality, combining old world charm and modern “bright lights, big city” flair in compelling fashion.
You can’t help but be dazzled by Milan’s architecture, historic sites, iconic art, and culinary specialities. Leonard da Vinci lived in Milan for almost 20 years, beautifying it along the way.
Here area my guides to Milano:
GENERAL GUIDES & ROAD TRIP ITINERARIES FOR ITALY
- 7 day itinerary for Tuscany
- 7 day itinerary for Umbria
- 10 day itinerary for Tuscany
- 10 day itinerary for Italy’s classic cites
- 11 ways to spend 1 week in Italy
- 10 day itinerary from Milan to Rome
- 1 week itinerary from Venice to Milan
- 30 beautiful towns in Italy
- 100+ Italy bucket list experiences
- Tips for visiting Italy
- Historic landmarks in Italy
- 20 beautiful churches in Italy